Had to have one of my favourite humans on the show for a second time. As I move deeper into my personal work with Benny Ferguson I wanted him to dive deeper into the unique and potent movement principles that he teaches. Through his teachings people all over the world move beyond movement fads and find a system that gives them access to releasing tension, increasing mobility, embodying strength and cultivating flexibility; all in a way that works uniquely with their body. With a focus on understanding gravity and how it flows through the body Benny and I go deep into the physiology and intention evolutions that come with developing a personal practice that leads to a body that is tension free and ready to engage with life in a dynamic and personalised fashion. Strap yourselves in and be ready to take your movement practice to another level as we chat and laugh our way through a beautiful discussion about movement and the human body.
NOTE: If you wish to skip my ranting intro talking about the media and pro-vaccine mob we had come down on us during the tour… skip to 30mins in.
In this interview we dive into:
- Our past gobsmacked stance on fascia and how we’ve integrated it into our lives since the first interview.
- How to reclaim natural human qualities that have been lost.
- Understanding the capacity of the nervous system to communicate information and how to enhance this.
- How the body works as an electromagnetic pump, and how the tone its core function.
- The way your physical structure and posture communicates with your outside world, children, family, friends and peers.
- The way we adopt physical structures and postural imbalances from our parents.
- Holding the intention to make your last breath a graceful one.
- The nature of uniting body and mind and what becomes possible when you begin this process.
- Tapping into just how much information the body/mind can take in in any given moment and how to become more proficient at being present to this.
- The connection between posture and disease and beginning to read the signs so we can make choices about the direction we take with our body and health.
- How to set multidimensional boundaries for your body, mind and spirit.
- Merging intention with physical practice.
- The many ways to relate to discipline.
- Discipline being the vehicle to c.
- Benny’s 3 word intention process.
- Overcoming/working with the self-critic.
- Movement amidst stillness and stillness amidst movement.
- Earning the right to move freely.
- Standing meditation and developing the ability to perceive and release tension.
- Releasing the tissue to gravity to restore tissue flow, strengthen joints and develop springiness.
- Fortifying tissue and joints now so that you may reduce injury in the future.
- Opening and closing the joins.
- Embodying animal like movement into human physiology without buying into the current animal movement trend.
- Create superior balance by standing still.
- Yep, we covered HEAPS, and there’s more.
Here's the special 10% offer for those listening to this interview who want to dive deeper into their practice:
1. Tension Release Technique: http://movementmonk.xyz/trt-p1-join-mason/
2. Embodied Flexibility: http://movementmonk.xyz/ef-p1-join-mason/