Creating a potent, personalised culture of health around food and the kitchen is one of my main focuses on this health journey and that’s why I’ve invited Simon Favorito to join us on this episode. I’ve had the honour of sharing a house with Simon years ago and have had an up close look at how effective he is a bringing the romance back to way we interact with food, how to use food addictions as an access for transformation and ensuring that all senses are engaged in the cooking process so that we can get the best possible health and happiness from our food.
If you’re wanting to go deep into food culture and the emotions involved with cooking, and understand how pivotal it is for long term longevity, then this one is for you. Simon is a wealth of knowledge and leads with his heart as he walks the walk and talks the talk of creating a healthy culture surrounding food.
In this episode you will learn about:
- Creating awareness & enhancing traditional connections to food in a modern society dominated by stimulated superficial senses
- Recalibrating ourselves with the intrinsic language that wild foods communicate to us
- The influence of different food flavours on the innate emotions of humans
- The contrast of food practices in the west to that of traditional societies
- Honouring the lost culture of food gathering, preparation & consumption
- Addictions & the art of healing the deep-layered connections to poor food choice
- Returning the romance & poetry to the way we eat
- Breaking down the ‘calcified dogmas’ that binds the identify of people’s culture
- The differences between simply choosing healthy food vs deep intentional nourishment & awareness
- The dynamic dance of food aromatics and alchemy
- How our physical environment can influence food choice
- The interplay of tonic & culinary herbalism within traditional food systems
Simon Favorito has been working as a natural foods chef and holistic natural therapist for over 15 years with a drive to share how foods can change and shape our lives for the better. As a classically trained chef, kinesiologist and NLP trained practitioner Simon endeavours to share these life-enhancing benefits of natural food and healthy food culture through personalised coaching, event catering, cooking & fermenting workshops and more.