Lyme Disease is running rampant in Australia, but what is this infection? Amina Eastham-Hillier is a naturopath and herbalist who specialises in treating stealth infections, especially the Lyme bacteria and its co-infections and has lots to say on the topic. Ever wonder why it's so difficult to heal this illness? Join us as we go deep into exploring the nature of this stealth pathogen and the process that it undertakes while infecting the body; and no, it isn't the same for everybody and depends on which co-infections have hit you and where in the body presents the greatest weakness. Treatment for Lyme takes time, however as you'll discover in this interview it can be done with an experienced team, clever strategy, time and tenacity. Enjoy diving deep into this epic conversation about healing Lyme.
In this podcast you will learn all about:
- Orchestrating the balance of commensal and dysbiotic gut bacteria
- The gap between allopathic and complementary medicine in treating chronic illness
- Functional testing and its place in diagnosis and treatment of stealth pathogens
- Gene testing and the realm of nutrigenomics in preventing chronic disease
- The gut microbiome of indigenous cultures VS western society
- Borrelia in Australia and abroad
- Lyme co infections such as bartonella, babesia and their clinical manifestations
- Testing for lyme and co-infections in Australia
- The interaction between virus, bacteria and biofilm
- The road to recovery from acute and chronic lyme illness
Amina Eastham-Hillier, N.D is a Qualified Naturopath, Medical Herbalist & Nutritionist and has worked in the Health industry for over 24 years. Starting from her own clinic in England, she gained her Bachelor degree in Australia and has travelled extensively throughout Asia, spending a year studying & working in Japan, and recently a year in China studying herbal medicine. Amina is currently studying for a Nutrigenomics Diploma to further understand genetic susceptibilities of Lyme disease and mould illness.
As an International Presenter, Amina’s mission is to educate naturopaths, doctors, and patients about the importance of Integrated Medicine in treating Lyme disease, mould illness, & other stealth infections. She has presented at 26 International conferences & events in the last 4 years and has just published her book, Lyme Natural – Integrated Naturopathy for Lyme disease & its co-infections.